Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I think I am allergic to KY. Really.

So I am back in UT now after my trip to KY. It was really fun to hang out with my family and my parents house there felt more like their house this time around. I didn't leave all freaked out and upset like last time-- so that it good. However, I have come to the realization that I am allergic to the state of Kentucky. Or at least something floating in the air. When Jeff and I went to visit in November I got sick and was taking every possible medication I could get my hands on to stop my throat from hurting and nose from running and to help me sleep through the night. (found out about 2 days after I got home that I was pregnant-- sorry little baby!) So then this time around I got there on Friday and by Wednesday afternoon I started feeling crappy. I didn't think it was allergies because I am not usually allergic to anything except for cats if I live around them for over 2 weeks. . . but then I remembered that the same symptoms appeared the last time we visited-- so I guess I am allergic to something there. The only difference being that this time around I was pregnant so I wasn't able to down Tylenol PM like candy. (I am however, addicted to TUMS- Assorted Berries flavor).

So after being a miserable snotting mess for almost a week I went to the doctor yesterday for my 28ish week visit and he said that I could take sudafed. THANK THE HEAVENS FOR SUDAFED.

At the doc appt. they had me drink the glucose drink and an hour later they drew my blood. So here's for hoping that I don't have gestational diabetes.

I'll write more about the KY trip later-- gotta go to enrichment night in about 2 minutes.

2 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

That stinks. I hate being sick when I'm prego! Hope you're feeling better, Kris! I hate that glucose test! I'm up for it my next appt. too, and last time (with Livi) I had weird results, so they called me back that day for the 4-hr turmoil. I ended up with WAY hypoglycemic results and almost passed out after we left the hospital. Loads of fun. But don't worry - they would have called you by now if your results were questionable. Your doc will just discuss it with you at your next visit. Hope you're feeling ok! (sorry about the winded post!)

Shanna said...

ok you, I'm pretty sure I told you on Sunday that you could take Sudafed.