So I am sitting in the airport on a layover before the last leg of my trip to KY. It's 5 in the morning Utah time . . . and I haven't slept yet since I woke up about 22 hours ago.
Why?
Because I spent the night on a plane. A plane experiencing turbulence. A plane whose last seat on the aisle was occupied by me. A plane with two squacking flight attendants who were incapable of shutting their mouths in the back the entire duration. A plane with a lot of passengers who needed to make use of the bathroom facilities during turbulence thus coming in contact with the last row aisle seat passenger, aka- me. Also, the man in the last row middle seat next to me thought that it was appropriate to use both arm rests-- so my left arm was stuck in the no mans land between my fat belly and being held straight up in the air. Oh, did I mention he ate something before the flight that didn't agree with him and so I was able to experience his belching throughout the flight? Fantastic.
As a last resort I opened up my laptop and listened to the hypnobirthing track I have on my computer, thinking that if the relaxation exercises are good enough to get women through labor-- they could get me through the flight. And it worked-- until the turbulence was so bad that a metal coffee pot came flying up the aisle and the lady next to the window yelped.
The good news-- we landed safely with the pilot pulling some crazy rights wheels only, left wheels only, then both right and left wheels landing. The one benefit of being on the back row aisle seat is I was able to get up twice without bugging anybody and it is pretty amusing to watch 180 heads jerk and sway side to side in unison as the plane bobbed and weaved.
Yay for a short 45 minute flight and then getting to hang out with my family for over a week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I just realized you're finally down into double digits! Woo hoo!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
That flight sounds like an absolute nightmare. I laughed so hard reading about it.
You look so cute pregnant. It was fun to see the picture of you at the baby shower.
Wow - 22 hours of no sleep and you're still alive? ech
And the belching arm-rest hogger sounds like a winner of a traveling companion. Too bad you couldn't take him home with you.
Hope you're having fun in Kentucky. Word of advice: don't eat the roasted squirrel .
this story is hilarious even after already hearing it! i especially like the part about watching everyone's heads bob in unison! HA!
Post a Comment