Jeff will probably be embarrassed about this post-- but it's my blog and I'm excited so he gets to just put up with me. :)
Yesterday he had two of his Utah licensure tests. He was actually in a really good mood after he finished both of them, even though his brain felt like scrambled eggs. And besides a disturbing moment when he realized that he had 1 more case study than he thought and only 15 minutes to do it, such that he swore out loud, he felt pretty good about both tests.
On Friday he stayed up in Cedar City all day and night so that he could study with different groups and avoid having to wake up super early to drive up to Cedar by 7:30 am. He had a test in his anatomy class on Friday morning so he turned his phone off. Well right before his 2nd licensure test he saw that he had a voicemail. So he listened to it.
IT WAS A PRINCIPAL FROM TEMPE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT! She had called when his phone was off Friday morning and he didn't get the message until Saturday.
So when he was driving home on Saturday he told me about the message-- he thought it was a middle school teacher from that school district. Last night he was tired and didn't feel like looking up the school-- he couldn't remember what the message said about what school she was calling from. So this morning I gave him about 15 minutes to be awake and then asked if I could listen to the message.
He put it on speaker phone and it was from a high school not a middle school! As soon as the message was finished I sprinted up the stairs to look up the school. I don't think I have moved that quickly in about 4, or possibly, 6 months. AND it is the closest school in that school district to our house in AZ. It's McClintock High School. AND we looked up their website and the baseball team won the 4A State Championship last year. The funny thing is she is calling about a Science position. I have been teasing Jeff that they will want him to teach physics or something. My guess is they need an Anatomy teacher but she wasn't specific. The other cool thing is on the District website this position was just barely posted Friday, when she called.
I think I may start nagging Jeff to check his messages every couple of hours over the next couple of weeks because today until tomorrow morning until he can call her back may be the longest 20 hours I've endured for a long time.
So, needless to say, I am pretty dang excited right now. I'm hoping we'll be using our rapid rewards flight credits at the end of this week to go down for him to have an interview. Jeff starts his student teaching on May 5th so it would be great for him to have at least one interview done before that starts.
The other fantastic news is he only has 2 more days of commuting to Cedar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YAY!!! I'm so excited!
That is awesome. Who would have ever thought my little bro would be so smart.
Post a Comment