Elea had her 2 month check up on Monday. The doc said everything looked good. We're still keeping an eye on her cross eyed tendencies. . . She has 4 months to grow out of it before I get to be worried! She weighed 11 lbs 11 oz. so her weight gain has slowed down a bit, believe it or not. She measured 21.75 inches long, so she has grown 2 inches in 2 months, that is insane to me. Even though she is growing in length, her percentiles don't show it.
Height- 25th percentile
Weight-75th percentile
Head Circumference- 45th percentile
So she doesn't have a big ol' head like we originally thought she might-- even though her 2 inch fro may make it look otherwise! We've come to the conclusion that she is built like her dad-- long body, short legs. As ang put it, "built like Jeff with a feminine flair." Let's hope there's a lot of feminine flair kickin' in- I don't think there is a big & tall store for toddlers!
Also, she got her first round of immunizations. Since she doesn't have any other siblings, Elea isn't used to anyone manhandling her at all. Actually, besides family and friends, no one ever touches her-- I have people stopping me all the time at the store, commenting about her, but no one reaches out to pinch her cheeks or grab her feet or anything like that (thank goodness because I don't know that I would react too kindly . . .). So anyway, when the nurse pinched her thigh to give her the first shot she start to scream/cry. It was her ticked off cry more than her pain cry-- and she kept crying for about 30 more seconds for the other 2 shots. After the nurse was finished it only took about 10 seconds for her to stop crying. I felt so bad. Part of me worries about the whole Autism-immunizations link and wonders if it's worth it. . . but if she did get sick and it could have been prevented I would feel horrible.
The rest of the day Monday she did pretty good-- she slept a lot and was sort of ornery, and if you accidentally touched her leg where the shots were she would get pretty mad. Tuesday she did pretty good too-- I was holding her most of the day while I finished the Twilight series-- but that's a post for another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment