Today was Jeff & my birthday. He turned 27 and I turned 25.
There are some great things about having the same birthday-- if you forget it's their birthday then you get off the hook really easily because that means you've forgotten it's your birthday too. I baked him a German chocolate cake last night and felt pretty dang proud of myself and pathetic at the same time because it is the first birthday cake I've baked for him since we've been married. Having the EXACT same birthday causes this weird canceling out phenomenon. We don't really celebrate either of our birthdays. Or maybe it's just that we're getting old(er) and growing out of the thrill of the "birthday."
Last year I was in Arizona and he was in Utah on our birthday so I worked and he went to school to celebrate our birthdays. This year he had an away game in American Fork (they won 56-8 or something ridiculous like that) so he was gone all day. However, Elea was a little darling today and slept pretty good and I hung out with Gwen in St. George for a few hours. That combined with listening to the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer on CD pretty much made my day.
Anyway, yay for being 25. And 27.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
excuse me, but you failed to mention that part of your good day was that i called and sang the first line of "happy birthday" to you!! ha ha so when are you coming to omaha? tomorrow sounds good.
I was willing to admit you probably hadn't been to St. George in a LONG time, but now I have it in writing, and I still haven't seen the baby. That is ok, it will give me time to return the 0-3 months outfit. I think that ship has sailed :)
Happy birthday!!! Can I just tell you, your baby is beautiful! SOOOOO cute!
So happy birthday, a day late. How's it going without your mom there?
Post a Comment