After reading Lori's blog a week or two ago I realized that I need to post about Elea's little things even if no one else gives a rip because otherwise I'm going to forget. (She's a lot better at recognizing the little developments because she's got a degree in early childhood development- but I'm doing my best!)
Elea has squealed a few times when she's gotten excited. Angie and Jeff have been able to get some good squeals from her.
Jeff has gotten her to giggle a few times too-- it's just as deep a sound as her cry/yell.
She has discovered her left foot. She likes to grab her left foot with her left hand and then can get ahold of her right knee or ankle but usually she just leaves that leg out swingin'. She can't quite get her toes into her mouth yet-- but she pulls her sock off a little and hangs onto it. It cracks me up when she loses her grip because every limb shoots out straight like a star and she looks half terrified and half surprised.
Lately Elea has been attempting to shove her entire fist in her mouth. She is constantly gagging herself but hasn't mastered getting just her thumb in her mouth.
She wants to be sitting up looking around all the time. The only time she will recline is if she is in her bouncer (and even then she tries to sit up) or getting tired/relaxed. She isn't able to hold herself up yet, but if she is reclined then she attempts to sit upright (and then tips over).
She rolled herself over from her tummy to her back in her crib today for the first time. Then later I was on the floor with her and she was laying on her tummy again. She pushed herself up and flopped over onto her back. I don't know if that counts because it was totally on accident-- but it was pretty fun to watch.
She is less cross-eyed now-- but if the camera flashes a bunch of times in a row she goes cross eyed.
Elea still loves her bath time. She can go from ornery to happy in about 2.5 seconds if we put her in the tub.
And last of all-- she smiles really easily now. It doesn't take much to get her to smile. My favorite is when she smiles really big and balls up her fists and starts squirming-- like if she tried to smile any harder she would burst. I can be having a rough day and then she does that and everything seems a lot better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
boo. milestones are great and everythihng....but I WANT PICTURES.
Yay for rolling over. I am glad you wrote about her milestones. I liked hearing what she can do. I'm glad I could inspire you. :) P.S. I am sooo glad you guys can make it this weekend. If you want to hang out more than just the party let me know. We don't have any plans. Can't wait.
I love this post. I need to document too. Addy loves sucking on her hands too. It drives me crazy. She's always gagging herself.
Good idea - I try to keep track but I'm terrible at it. Still hoping to start a digital scrapbook but that's just an idea too. I've got to get it together some day! :)
Keep it up. I was pretty good with Rebecca, but bombed on all the rest. She is such a cutie! I can't get enough of her.
Post a Comment