Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1st hair cut!

I took Elea to get her first haircut today. Not even 7 months and she had an intense mullet. I've been wanting to cut it for weeks now but Jeff was having none of that. But finally he realized that she did indeed have a mullet, so then the past few days he was bugging me to get it done ASAP. So then I started to put it off until today the girl who is usually on the bike next to me in spin class mentioned that she thought Elea was cute and that she has a ton of hair. (She sees her in the daycare when she drops off her kids). I said, "Yeah, she's got a mullet right now." Her response was, "yeah, I noticed that." HELLO?! Really?! So funny. She wasn't being rude, but just matter of fact. Anyway, point being, if complete strangers will tell you that your daughter has a mullet, it's probably time to get it taken care of.

My friend Amanda cuts hair so I had her do it this afternoon. She shortened the back so that it is more even and less scraggly. Then she trimmed the front so that her hair would not hang in her eyes constantly. So now I have a 7 month old with legit bangs. Who's ever even heard of such a thing?

** I was really having a good "mom" day and saved some of the hair for her baby book and took before and after pictures. I then left the camera and hair sitting on Amanda's counter. I'll post them tomorrow. (the pictures, not the hair).**

5 comments:

Hot Mom said...

Been there done that. I think Syd was 6-7 months old when she had her first haircut. I love that she reminds me of Syd when she was a baby.

Trish the Dish said...

We've cut Keaton's hair too - it was hanging over his ears and I thought it looked funny so I thought I'd give it a little "trim". Well, Kelly laughed at it all during church the next day. I'll never cut it myself again. promise.

angie said...

it's been 5 tomorrows...where are the pics?!?!

Trish the Dish said...

Yeah - I agree with Ang. Sheesh Kris - don't keep us waiting! ;)
And about the Olivia cartoon - she totally watches that one. It's not quite a fav yet but I like it so I coax her into watching it once in a while. :) We bought all the books already.

angie said...

still no pics. come on now...you can't be THAT busy!! plus, mom's been there forever to entertain "L"...PICTURES PLEASE.