Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life is about to get a little more interesting.

Elea has been scooting around on her belly alligator style for the past couple of weeks. Her forearms are constantly red and chaffed because it doesn't matter how big of a blanket I put on the floor, she prefers the rug and carpet for gettin' around. On Monday I was on the phone with Angie and I looked down at Elea and she was up on her hands and knees. (Then she face planted and got ticked). The hands and knees thing has progressed to hands & knees with a forward and backward rocking motion followed by a face/shoulder plant and yell/cry of frustration from Elea.

So according to Angie who is my go-to girl for all things baby development related- she'll be crawling any day now. And then the fun begins. I guess we'll be ordering the baby gates sooner than later. It's crazy. She's not even 7 months old yet. Combine her probably crawling relatively early with her mop of hair and she's gonna seem 5 before she hits a year old. So weird.

Oh yeah, one other thing. She knows how to get out of her bumbo chair. It's kind of scary actually because she twists to the side, pulls one foot under her and then proceeds to launch herself out. Luckily, there has been someone to stop her everytime but it has become necessary to hold one of her ankles almost constantly while she's in the chair. And that's with the tray on. I guess that's why the box says not to put children on a counter or table while in the chair . . .

2 comments:

Lori said...

So exciting. I love the crawling. Have fun. She is getting so old, fast.

Trish the Dish said...

SCARY! That kid is a machine! She'll have you movin and shakin for sure. Keaton twists around pretty good in his bumbo, but hasn't (thankfully) tried to climb out yet...