Monday, June 9, 2008

We've moved!

Well mostly. We flew to AZ on Thursday, packed up our storage unit and house and drove to Cedar on Saturday. We had to leave some furniture in AZ but hopefully we will be able to sell it or maybe just include it in the sale of that house someday when we decide to sell the house. Who knows. I'm not letting myself worry about it.

The move actually went really smooth. A lot better than I was anticipating. This "nesting" thing that I have going on is really coming in handy because I didn't feel like shooting myself in the face while packing & unpacking. :) Honestly, I would recommend moving when you're 34 weeks pregnant because "nesting" makes you super efficient and you don't have to feel obligated to lift &/or carry anything heavy. The only downside is the belly making it difficult to bend down, lean over, etc. and in my case, my feet got swollen and my ankles disappeared into a mass of puffiness for the first time since I got pregnant. But besides that, the move has been/was really easy actually.

Jeff drove the moving truck back, and normally on our ride back from AZ he is ornery before we are even out of phoenix, but this time he was happy as could be the entire ride.

We're going to be spending the weekends in Cedar and the weekdays in St. George because Jeff still has his student teaching in St. George. Hopefully he'll be able to get all his student teaching hours in before the baby comes so he won't have to commute back and forth.

While we were in AZ we went to Babys R Us and bought a car seat/stroller combo. And then the basics for the crib. So at least now if I go into labor early (highly doubtful) we will at least be allowed to take the baby from the hospital and she'll have someplace to sleep. So that's good.

We realized on Saturday afternoon that it was exactly 1 week to the hour from our first conversation about making the move to when we pulled up to our house in Cedar with the moving truck! It felt like it had been a month. But no, just a week. :)

1 comment:

Merideth Sullivan said...

Glad to hear the move went smooth. We're about to move to Provo, and I do not have the nesting thing going on, so that's too bad. Sounds like the due date is approaching - exciting!

Take care,

Landon