Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jace & Nancy's Wedding

Jeff's younger brother Jace got married on the 20th.

Jace & Nancy's sealing was beautiful. The sealer had some really good things to say, at one point he said that they probably wouldn't remember anything that he said, but they could ask any of the rest of us later if they wanted to know. That is so true because I cannot remember any of the things the sealer said to me and Jeff. I just remember the look on Jeff's face and the one tear welling up in his eye that refused to actually fall down his cheek. After the sealing they had a wedding breakfast, which was actually more like a sit-down reception. It was really nice and set up beautifully. Nancy looked like tanned, brunette barbie doll. All the nieces (and 1 of the nephews, too) were constantly surrounding her and all wanted to help carry the train of her dress. They looked so happy together-- I love weddings for that reason. At my wedding people told me that I would love Jeff more in 10 years than I did in that moment and I didn't believe them. Now I know that I love him more now than I did then. But I think the glow on couples' faces on their wedding day is partly due to their intense belief that they love each other right then as much as humanly possible and their faith in their relationship.

So I cry at weddings. Sometimes bawl. Sometimes just tear up a little. But always, always cry.

I made them a slideshow with pictures from their childhoods, engagement, and bridal pictures with music from a mixed CD they had put together. It was fun to make, last Christmas Jeff had gotten me Sony Vegas, but I only had a reason to use it once before. If I can get my hands on a scanner I want to make one with pictures of Jeff and me and our wedding pictures since I couldn't justify the expense of having one made 4 years ago.

No comments: