Elea and I have been passing some sort of cold back and forth all of 2009. Sadly for her, it's more often her than me. Maybe it's allergies. Who knows. What I do know is that I am about sick of blowing my nose and wiping/ sucking out hers. She seemed better for about 4 days and now she's back to the wheezing, coughing, snotting, etc. yummy.
Her latest cool trick is that if she starts to cough really hard or if we put something in her mouth that she doesn't like or if it is too thick she coughs/gags twice and then throws up. All over. This isn't just like the little baby spit up anymore folks. This is the wretching, launching, gallon-challenge-esk style vomitting- out her nose and everything. I feel bad for her when it happens because it's not like she does it on purpose, although she usually ends up getting an extra bath that day, which she loves, so maybe for her it's worth the trade-off.
I think she may be teething again too. Her bottom gums are huge right now, and I swear I can see two little teeth under there. But who knows- I may just be making things up. I don't know if all kids hate orajel or this is unique to Elea, but she getsTICKED when I put it on. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and she got mad, but I didn't know if it was because of the orajel or that I was sticking my finger in her mouth uninvited. So since she has been so ornery today and constantly sliming everything she can get her mouth on I figured it was worth a shot again just in case. Yeah that didn't go over too well. She got so mad. So maybe she is like her mother and hates being numb. When I fed her a bottle later I realized she was drooling so bad that it was pooling in her neck crease. Reminded me of trips home from the dentist as a kid. I swear my mom stopped at wendy and got us frosty's just because she thought it was hilarious to watch us try to eat them with half of our face numb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sad. I hate teething. Livi was so sick and cranky! So far, Keaton has hardly been sick at all, and he's so stinking happy all the time I'm sure I'll notice when he starts pushing out his pearly whites. At this point, he's all gums. I wonder if Elea would take a cold wash cloth. Livi loved to chew on those when she was teething. The orajel didn't work well for us either, but I tried some natural teething tablets that she loved the taste of and seemed to help a little. good luck!
Post a Comment