UEA was this past weekend. I don't know what it stands for exactly-- Utah Educators or Education A_____?? Mostly I think it is just an excuse for kids to get out of school for "the hunt." Anyway, I think it is pretty fabulous because the football game was moved to Thursday and Jeff was home Friday-day because he worked grave that night instead. AND he switched his shift for today to one this weekend when I'll be out of town so it's been pretty dang FABULOUS having him home for 4 days.
It's amazing how much better it is to have not only him, but a 2nd pair of hands- for example:
1. I showered everyday AND shaved 2 days in a row.
2. Finally got some pictures hung on the wall. (When I was starting to go into labor I hung a bunch of frames up-- with no pictures in them-- just to keep me up and moving).
3. Started laundry this morning before 10 a.m.
4. The Halloween pumpkin thing I bought 3 weeks ago to hang on the front door is finally hanging.
5. Took Elea's 3 month old pictures.
6. I've left the house everyday since last Wednesday.
7. Finished the book I was reading.
8. And lots of other things I am not going to divulge because it will show my immense need for improvement in the domestic realm!!!
. . . Everyday I am gaining a greater appreciation for women who stay home and take care of more than one child at a time. And cook sometimes. And keep the house standing. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off sometime. In the meantime I am grateful to have a husband who likes to get things done when he is home AND enjoys hanging out with our daughter-- which makes it possible for me get things done as well.
Yay for UEA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i love having derek home. it's nice to spend time together, and it's nice to have someone else to hold alexis or take samantha potty! and he's never here, so i feel so spoiled when he is...i'm glad you got jeff to yourself for a few days! ;)
I have no doubt that you will be able accomplish all you set your mind to. I used to think there was no way I'd be able to do something and then when I actually had to do it I was surprised to find out that I could do it and was pretty good at it. You will be too.
Oh sister I'm living the same life!!! Well almost. But I totally understand about getting things done when your spouse is home. When Garrett gets home at night I rush around the house to just get to a fraction of all the little things that need to be accomplished. And I can't imagine having another child. It blows my mind at this point.I'm excited to see you in a few days so we can discuss all our new-motherly experiences. Ha ha. :)
Such a great post. I hear ya, girl. It's tough being a mom - I will never again look at a woman with three kids hanging on her and think, "Wow - she really needs to do something with herself."
You're an awesome mommy, by the way - it was SO great to have you and Lea here for the wkend. Your mom is pretty cool too - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :)
I just have to say I Love Elea's hair. How are you? You've become a STRANGER since i've seen you last.
Post a Comment