About a month ago I was at Costco and saw the book Twilight on CD. At that point I felt like my brain was going to ooze out of my head because I'd been watching so much TV. I figured it would last me awhile, and that I would just listen to it while nursing Elea.
It didn't quite work out that way.
I put the first CD in on my way back to Cedar City. Then I came inside and put it in the CD player at home and continued to listen to it every possible moment that Jeff was sleeping or not home. Needless to say, it was a lot better than I expected and definitely more suspenseful than The Awakening by Kate Chopin, which is what I had been reading.
I ended up buying the second book, New Moon, 2 days later and finished it 2 days later. Then I bought the next 2, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn and finished both of them within 4 days. It was a fantastic discovery to realize that I could hold Elea and/or nurse Elea while reading. Duh. Sometimes I am kind of slow grasping the obvious.
But then I finished the books and wasn't too thrilled with the ending. Sort of a let down. But besides that I really liked them. A lot more than I expected too. And I really wouldn't mind being Stephenie Meyer's version of a vampire.
While I was visiting Angie in Omaha we looked up the Twilight movie that is coming out November 21st. I got all goofy excited and I am not one of those people who goes to a movie the day it comes out. But this one-- definitely gonna be there and I just hope it doesn't break my heart by not being fantastic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment