Thursday, October 2, 2008

Superpower?

I am not a huge fan of Spider-man, Superman, etc. because they have some awesome ability(s) but they're the only ones and so they're expected to save the world all the time.

But, I do like the X-men or Fantastic Four or Heroes (and now the Twilight Series Vampires' abilities) because it's normal people who can do some crazy awesome things or have some very useful, but not obvious, abilities.

If you aren't familiar with their powers, some examples are:

Flying, reading minds, influencing moods, starting fire, able to heal from injury & not able to die, power over elements, stretchy, go invisible, see the future, incredible strength, time travel, etc.

If I could choose one ability, it would be to read people's minds. It would be great for car rides with Jeff when he is staring out at the road and I ask what he is thinking about and he says, "nothing." Maybe that is true, but I don't know how he does it, cause I am unable to turn my thoughts off. Ever. Actually, on second thought, maybe the ability to turn your thoughts off and not think about anything would be pretty sweet instead.

But I think I'll stick with reading people's thoughts. Flying does come in a close 2nd though.

It's one of my new favorite questions: What would your superpower be?

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Well, the ability to turn my brain off would be nice. But I have to say, I've had moments when someone was driving super-crazy on the highway that I've thought it would be nice to have the power to put a force field around their car that made them incapable of going more than 50 mph.

angie said...

#1 gwen is funny!

#2 i think i want to read minds too...very useful.

#3 being a shape shifter would come in handy too...then i could eat whatever i want, but stay the size i want!!

Heather said...

My "realistic" super power wish is to be able to read faster so I can get through all the books I want to read! But if I could have a "fantasy" superpower, it would definitely be to be able to be invisible--it seems like it would be handy in all kinds of situations, dangerous or otherwise. And BTW, Elea is adorable!