Tuesday, January 29, 2008

and I thought I could wait 9 months. . .

Ha!

Tomorrow at 2:10 pm I have my 16 week doctor appointment. Dr. Chalmers is going to do an ultrasound to make sure that the baby is developing okay and he said that he should be able to tell us if it is boy or a girl then too. He knows how excited Jeff is to find out so he is going to try and tell us earlier than the usual 20 weeks. We made this appointment 3 weeks ago and time has been dragging. I thought that I would be able to wait and be surprised when the baby is born but obviously there is absolutely no way I can have that much patience. I honestly don't know if Jeff will be able to sleep tonight he is so excited.

Last night before bed I was telling him that I was starting to get nervous because all the pregnancy calendars, websites, newsletters, etc. mention being able to feel the baby move about this time in the pregnancy. I haven't felt a thing yet. His response was, "maybe we should call Dr. Chalmers office and see if they can move the appointment up to tomorrow." I did try and call this morning to move the appt. to today but it is his surgery day so there aren't any appointments at all. I was thinking that it would be really funny to go in and find out without Jeff knowing because it would drive him crazy if I knew and he didn't. My guess is he would show up on my Dr.'s doorstep at some point tonight (he just lives around the corner) and demand to know the sex of the baby. But honestly, I couldn't ever do that because the look on his face every time I have an ultrasound is priceless- he is one sweet man.

Jeff really wants a boy. Mostly because he thinks that raising a girl will automatically take 10 years off of his life. He is such a sucker for all of his nieces that I think he will make a better dad for girls than he realizes. Boys on the other hand, I think life will be measured by ball games, wrestling matches, and trips to the ER- especially if they get stuck with my coordination.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Don't worry, it is still pretty early to feel the baby. They mainly say if you have had a baby before and know what it feels like you will probably be feeling the baby. I didn't really start feeling him until 20 or so weeks because you don't know what you are feeling for. It will come, I promise. I freaked out until I could feel him too, but you are normal so don't worry. I want a phone call today. Good luck and I hope the legs are open. :)

Trish the Dish said...

I am retarded - I didn't look at your blog archive, so the last entry that I read was the one that came up when I opened your blog. Anyway, I'm reading it all so I can catch up! And about the baby moving - it probably has and you just thought it was gas. Seriously, you won't realize what it was until he/she is a little bigger and then you'll be wishing it would stop so you could get some sleep!

angie said...

i ditto trish...at first it does feel like gas. sometimes when i'm not pregnant i think...wait that felt like a baby...but really i just have to toot!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah aha hah ah aha ha ha ah h ah ah ah ha ha ha

Debbie said...

Ok I have to add my 2 cents about raising boys and girls.... I guess I was one of the lucky ones, Kristin was way to easy to raise. In our house it is common knowledge that if Dustin had been born first we would have only had 1 child. I love him to death but he is turning my hair a beautiful shade of gray, a lot earlier than I had planned. Ü