My dad teases me because I have a tendency to announce that "I've decided" one thing or another on a daily basis. So today's "I've decided" is that Enrichment Activities for Relief Society need to be done away with and replaced with an hour once a month that women can get together with no purpose at all without their kids and zero guilt. And chocolate.
I just spent 9 and a half hours helping get ready for the activity tomorrow night. I am not complaining, it was actually nice to feel like I accomplished something today. It just got me thinking about all of the hours of work and stress that go into activities like this when really the best thing about them is when they are over and the women have a chance to sit and talk, without the interruption of spouses or children or jobs or whatever else tends to interrupt a conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment