Thursday, January 31, 2008
baby shower . . . kinda
Tonight I went to the ward's quarterly baby shower. It was a baby shower I guess because we each brought a few dollars to pitch in for the gifts and there was slushie punch. Besides that, it mostly was just women standing around talking for a couple hours which I think is fabulous because I feel sort of embarrassed and awkward at showers with the games and the bows on the head, etc. Anyway, so at the "shower" I sat and talked with one woman about books for over an hour. Seriously, it possibly made my week, especially since I left with a post it note filled with book suggestions. Let's be honest, yes, I am a geek and yes, I am pretty terrible at making friends. So honestly this was probably the longest conversation I have had with someone outside of my family and friends from out of town since I moved here, in October. Funniest thing of all, she is my doctor's wife and the only reason I think we did start talking is because he told both of us that we should because we both like to read. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment