Friday, January 25, 2008

you'd think I'd figure it out.

I guess technically I should consider myself lucky because the number of times I have thrown up so far are relatively few. But when it comes to throwing up, I am a wuss, so each instance is horrible and really quite tragic. With this in mind one would think that I would be smart enough to learn from my previous experience's and avoid the food(s) that have made me sick in the past. But no. Once again, I didn't learn and paid the price. 6 times in one night/morning. So gross. If I ever even hint at a desire to eat beans of any sort in any type of mexican food and/or soup- PLEASE STOP ME.

Last night was the first time that I really started to question whether I am ready to be a mom yet. After puking all over myself and the floor in the bathroom the thought that kept running through my head was, "I want my mommy." (Note to self: Growing up, I never remember calling my mom "mommy" it was always just "mom"-- the "mommy" is a sure sign of desperation on my part.) So then I started to wonder how in the hell I was going to take care of another tiny human being when it was about all I could do not to call my mommy on the other side of the country, in the middle of the night, to make me feel better.

Ang says that it is easier to be the one comforting and cleaning up than the one doing the throwing up. I sure hope so because I am pretty sure that the cleaning-up-of-puke ball is going to fall solely and squarely in my maternal lap.

The good news: I was able to call my mommy this morning at 7 (9 her time) to ask for suggestions. Jeff was a champ and went to the store to pick up some coca-cola before he headed to Brian Head to go skiing. And now that I have 24 ounces of soda and some saltines in me I am feeling a lot better. I am pretty sure that if a fetus is capable of backflips and cartwheels, mine is twirling like a pro because this is the only caffeine/soda that I have drank since I got pregnant. Which also made it possible for me to read the entire book Tricia suggested, HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method that came from amazon.com the other day. Really cool book, I like it, but it deserves a post of its very own so that will come later.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry you got sick, that sucks. You will have many more times where you question if you can be a parent, it is only the beginning. I am glad you are feeling better.

Debbie said...

I am sorry but I had to laugh when I read this. I never called my mom, mommy either until I was giving birth to Dustin, NATURAL.......I very distinctly remember the same words coming from my mouth..." I want my MOMMY". Hey send me your email. Kristin plays ball in St. George Feb 7-8-9. I would love to see you and catch up. debd87@gmail.com or call 702-971-9091.

angie said...

you are so funny!! step away from the beans!

one more day! one more day! i wanted to call you and say that, but it's only 8am your time...i'm pretty sure you'll be asleep for 5 more hours!!!

Trish the Dish said...

Aw Kris! I'm sorry you were so sick. I hate puking. Of course, the last time I puked was in labor, but who cares at that point, anyway? Don't worry - you are going to be a funny, caring, patient and understanding mom. And Jeff will be there to pick up all the domestic ends of the deal (cabbage sandwich, anyone?)