Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almost finished . . .

Jeff should be completely done with his student teaching and teaching licensure requirements in general TOMORROW.

HALLELUJAH!


I am so excited for him to be finished-- probably not as excited as he is to be finished, but close. This week he has football camp in Cedar at 6 am in the morning, then he drives to St. George to student teach, then turns around and goes back to Cedar for football camp in the afternoon. Luckily, Wednesday should be his last day of that nonsense. My first reaction was to try and talk him out of going to the camp in the afternoon because it's mostly defense and he is working with the quarterbacks, but he handled me well. He just reminded me that he needs to be there for everything to show the Head Coach and the High School Administration in general that he is serious about wanting to teach and coach, etc. I am so used to him bending over backwards with stuff like this, without any real payout at the end, that this time around I need to remember that this just isn't something fun that he is doing cause he is bored and someone asked him-- it's for his career. The cool thing is, he loves it-- more than anything I am grateful that he has found what he loves and will hopefully be doing it for the next 3o years.

I am staying in St. George because my sister and her girls are here- but as soon as we figure out a way to get our bed moved up to Cedar, I will be there. In the meantime, I am too selfish to try and sleep on the queen size bed in Cedar with Jeff another night-- it just doesn't work out to well-- we're both just too big.

4 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Yea for being done with Student Teaching!! I hated working for nothing! We really should hang out...our husbands seem to have a lot in common both being teachers and coaching in Cedar!

Lori said...

Congrats, that is exciting.

Rebecca Hunt said...

Hey, thanks for what you said about my baby hunger. Ha ha. For right now, we've decided to wait. You're totally right. We really are trying to get the whole marriage thing right and sort out OUR issues before we bring in a NEW issue. I'm so excited for you and your new baby. Any names yet?

Gwen said...

It's 40 years, darling. You don't get to retire til your 60s these days. 40 years at anything seems insane to me.

And I can't believe you have less than 2 weeks left!