Monday, July 21, 2008

She passed her weight check!!

We took Elea in this afternoon for her weight check. They wanted her to weigh at least 7 lbs 12 oz. She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz!! I am so relieved. She already weighs more than when she was born so hallelujah for nursing.

Another awesome thing about this weighing over 8 lbs business is that she only wakes up once in the night-- at 3 am. Then she doesn't wake up again until 7:30 am. All it took was me getting out of her way and not waking her up to eat-- she just does it on her own. And she doesn't even cry when she wakes up either-- I just hear her making noise on the baby monitor and go in there. 2 nights ago my mom got up twice to check on her because she hadn't heard her cry all night-- once before Elea woke up to eat and once after, so she thought that she'd slept through the night already!

3 comments:

camille swain said...

I don't know if you know this, but my baby Zaden is just 3 1/2 months old. He was 9lbs 14oz when he was born. At two weeks he weighed 10lbs 11oz. It was a hard delivery, but I do believe he slept through the night very fast because of how big he was and is. He has been such an angel baby. When I read that Elea weighed over 8 lbs I knew that you would be loving it! Enjoy her every moment because they just grow up so quickly. Zaden is starting to grab toys and put them in his mouth and it feels like he was born just a few weeks ago.

Gwen said...

You have the best baby in the world!

Lori said...

I'm glad she passed her weight check. It sounds like you are the only one is the world having a perfect labor, delivery, and newborn stage. I hope it continues to go well. I think her size really helps with everything going smoothly.