Friday, July 11, 2008

No, I haven't had the baby yet . . .

At my last Dr. appt. (on Monday) I was almost 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. He even said that he wouldn't be surprised to see me in labor & delivery before my next appointment.

BUT

No go.

Since my mom can't get to town until Monday night I am not getting too impatient. I always said that I wouldn't be one of those pregnant women who get impatient before the baby is even technically due. However, I also said that I wouldn't gain more than 30 or so lbs. and we all know THAT didn't happen so whatever.

Yesterday at Wal-mart the girl at the check out stand asked me how far along I was. I told her 39 weeks. Her response: "you look like you're about to pop."

Gee. Thanks.

The good news is that since I've finally officially moved to Cedar I have had time the past couple of days to get some good cleaning done. I am still in the process of hanging picture frames, etc. but I've already hung more at this house than any of our previous places. (Mostly because Ang came to visit with her girls for 2 days and as per Jeff's instructions, did most of it for me!)

I'm going to go figure out how to post messages from my cell phone so that when Elea does decide to "come out" (as Jeff puts it), I can post. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

Good luck girl - I feel your pain! I hate it when stupid people say things like that. You wouldn't walk up to some fat guy and say the same thing (or maybe that person would...) I guess now's not the right time for me to be talking about this. :) I'm checking your blog constantly to see if she's here! Can't wait to see what she looks like. ;)

Ruth said...

My favorite was when I was about 7 months along and people would say, "Are you sure you're not having twins?" I'm excited for you. I'll be in Cedar with Tara on Monday if you decide to "let her come out."