Tuesday, August 26, 2008

success!

I have been trying to get Elea to sleep in her crib during the day for naps. I think I have mentioned this once or twice before. Still struggling. Anyway, today I finally started to have the guts to just let her cry it out-- for a few minutes at least.

Just barely, I laid her down in her crib under her mobile. Lori got her one of those half-stuffed-animal-half-blankie things and we've been using it to help keep her binkie in & she likes the soft feeling of it too. So after I laid her down I started to clean up the havoc I had managed to wreak on the entire house today.

And it was quiet.

And then it was still quiet.

So I went to check on her and this is what I found:


She was asleep. Still sucking on her binkie though-- I could hear it. Just so you don't think I am a horrible parent, I did move the blanket part off her face.

And she woke up about 30 seconds later.

8 comments:

Lori said...

That is so cute. I knew she would love it like gavin does. Also, I think she is growing more hair instead of losing it, wow. Tyson says, "ya, don't mess with a kid and their blanket." :) Way to go on being strong. It is a hard thing to do. Call me when your mom leaves and you need support.

camille swain said...

That is how Zaden falls asleep every time he falls asleep. He loves his blanket over his face. I don't know if it calms him down or what, but I'm a firm believer in gently putting the blanket over their face. It seems to work like a charm. Your pictures are really cute.

Jaimie said...

I still can't believe all that hair. I love how it stands straight up too. That is so cute.

It is so nice when they will sleep in their crib. Good work today.

Shanna said...

She is seriously the cutest thing ever, I wish we got to see her more.

angie said...

NEVER MOVE THE BLANKET!!!!!

Rebecca Hunt said...

Oh man she is seriously such a beautiful baby! One of my co-workers waited 4 months of waking up every two hours and fighting with her husband all the time because she was so tired, until they finally decided to do the cry it out thing. She said it broke her heart but her husband moved the baby monitor out of their room so she couldn't hear and soon, both women were sleeping soundly through the night. Well, for at least 4 hours straight. Glad to see you guys are doing well and happy. Tell your mom hi and that I miss her like crazy!
Becca

Becks said...

hey those blankets look familiar ahah :]

Trish the Dish said...

I just CAN'T get over her mop of hair! It's unbelievable!
Livi never cried it out because I was too much of a wimp. Keaton has a couple of times just because I was busy with Livi and couldn't get to him before he'd fallen asleep on his own. I've realized with him that babies truly need their space sometimes, and sometimes they even need to cry a little. You do whatever feels ok with you though. She looks pretty healthy to me - you must be doing something right!