8 kids, 1 parent, and 2 siblings down.
3 siblings and 3 parents to go.
I bought 2 of my nieces Barbie cars. Sort of having a moral dilemma about it because I swore I'd never buy anything Barbie. I wanted to buy a bob the builder set complete with yellow hard hat to even things out. But didn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I always feel weird about buying gifts for kids. Do you refuse to buy them stuff you find objectionable or stupid? Or do you buy them what you know they've come to like, even if you think it's bad? I'd buy my nephew something less gendered except I know my brother-in-law would flip out and throw it away.
FYI, I heard a report on NPR this afternoon that a new study of children's toys by a consumer group (of typical toys found in stores) found that 30% of the toys had levels of lead that exceeded federal limits, many of them WAY above the safety limit. Another 50% had traces of lead below the federal safety standard. Only 20% had no traces of lead whatsoever. And most of the toys are still on store shelves.
I'm telling you: only let your kids play with sticks and cardboard boxes. Or buy them organic toys.
so, i was against barbies too, but then i decided them playing and not bugging me was much more important. plus...my girls think they're cuter than barbies, so no worries!! again...gewn is hilarious. her last sentences killed me!!!
Post a Comment