Monday, December 10, 2007

ocd. again.

I realized tonight that my brain can't handle someone humming, mumbling, or singing the words to a song incorrectly. Jeff likes to hum/sing/mumble/whistle songs while we are in the car. When the radio is off. Often, I don't think he even realizes that he is doing it because the words are so far off and in the wrong order that there is no way he is really devoting many brain waves to the activity. BUT, I'm wound up so tight so much of the time that I can't just let it go. Before I even realize what's happening I am rehearsing the entire song from beginning to end, including the chorus, correctly, in my head. And if I get interrupted, the song starts all over again.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I cannot carry a tune to save my life. So, no one but me has to hear the song, from beginning to end, correctly.

No comments: