Monday, December 10, 2007

shrek baby

Okay so Jeff has been called Shrek more than once in his life. Read this if you don't believe me.

Tonight was SUU's baseball team's Christmas Party so we drove up to Cedar for it. Once again I wasn't thrilled to be going (starting to see a trend?) but it's just one of those wife things so over the hill and through the snow we went. *SO GLAD WE DON'T LIVE IN THE SNOW!!!* (sorry ang). It's a team tradition that they all draw names and get each other gag gifts. Although, I don't think that any of the freshman got the memo about the gag part, so they got sort of nice gifts, which was kind of sweet really. Anyway, back to my point about Shrek. We knew who had picked Jeff's name and it was one of the guys on the team who tends to be a little scared of Jeff. He was nervous around him as a teammate when Jeff was a Senior and this kid was a Freshman and I don't think that has changed especially now that Jeff is a coach. During the dinner part I kept looking at this kid because he looked so nervous. So I started to get nervous because I was almost certain his gift was going to be bad-- and that I would end up bright red during the "presentation" of the gift. (Each player has to stand up and "present" the gift to the recipient, explaining the thought behind it, etc.) Finally, it came time for Jeff to receive his gift, and it wasn't bad at all. Kind of cute actually. He had stenciled on onesies. One said, "My Dad is Shrek" and the other said "Team Ogre" with "Junior 18" on the back. Then he had written on a couple of bottles "Ogre Formula HGH", etc. on them. I will post pictures after I take some. I don't know why he looked so nervous-- it made me wonder if he was worried that he would hurt Jeff's feelings- rather than just embarrass him- and that was scarier.

Either way, it's good to know that all it takes to stop the sex jokes is getting your wife knocked up.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so funny, great gift! I definitely want to see pics.