Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jeff's proving better at domesticity than I'll ever be...

Sunday we found out that Jeff's oldest sister (Jen) who is pregnant with kid #6 is really sick, having a difficult time breathing/moving/thinking/talking so we came down to help out with their 5 kids. Jeff has been running circles around me since we got here. Granted, I do have a stupid head cold that I can't take medication for, and I forgot my earplugs so Jeff's snoring has been pretty fantastic, but still. I just get finished patting my back for getting the youngest to sit down and watch Little Einsteins for 5 minutes when I hear him vacuuming upstairs, and that is right after seeing him put the 10th load of laundry in the washer. And yesterday every time I looked at dryer to see if the cycle was almost finished, it wasn't. Then I realized that he was managing to take a load out, fold it, and put a new load in without me even realizing what had happened. I better go "check" on him-- he's making spaghetti sauce in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I love that man.

But before I go, PICTURE THIS:
If we lived in the 1940's/1950's and Jeff was a woman he would be the kind that vacummed designs on the carpet while wearing a dress, heals, and pearls (all matching) with hair perfectly set and dinner just out of the oven when his spouse came home.

I, on the other hand, would probably be an alcoholic.

7 comments:

Gwen said...

I am telling you: after the baby's born, you go to work and let him stay home. Everyone will be happier.

angie said...

your last line killed me! the oliverson boys are just good at getting crap done. i don't know why...they just are. thank you marjean and kevin. plus, i think they posses a healthy amount of OCD!

Trish the Dish said...

Ha ha - the alcoholic part did me in. Just wait until that baby pops out - then we'll see if you really DO become an alky - I ponder it myself on occasion...

Trish the Dish said...

PS - I love you Kris! Hope you're doing ok. My blog site is different. It's triciasdishes.blogspot.com Come and see me sometime!

Lori said...

That is too funny. What good aunt and uncle you are. When is his sister due, soon? Hopefully she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the shoes are about 230 bucks on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.