I guess the only thing more boring than cleaning out your closet is reading about someone else cleaning out their closet. So I apologize.
Yesterday I spent all morning making lists of the school districts in Arizona that have schools within a reasonable commute time from our house and their application requirements, etc. Jeff and I are heading down to AZ for part of his spring break to get his applications submitted and jump through as many of the requisite hoops as possible. I think the most frustrating thing about the applications is the employment history. I totally understand them wanting to have a good idea about the teacher's they are potentially hiring-- but it's a pain in my butt to find the information about jobs Jeff had 5 or 6 years ago. (Luckily for me, he got away with not working at all until after his mission- so I am off the hook for his high school years!) Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this into a complaint about the applications, I actually in some sick way like doing it because if nothing else it makes me feel like there is progress being made.
Now about the cleaning out of the closet. When we moved my clothes here it was done late the night before the morning we drove to Utah. And I can't believe I was even conscious because the clothes I brought and the clothes I really needed ended up being two different things. For example, even though it was Oct. 1st, I managed to leave every jacket/coat I own in AZ. Smart. I also made sure to bring all my workout clothes because surely with all the free time I would have on my hands I would make it to the gym often. Or not. But I can't take too much blame about all the other clothes because I had no way of knowing that I a) would get pregnant 3 weeks later and b) I wouldn't get an office job and need all the business clothes I own.
Jeff is in love with Footlocker's 4 or 5 t-shirts for 20 bucks deals. He loves them. What does that have to do with cleaning out the closet? Well, every time he walks into that store he leaves with 4 or 5 more t-shirts. I like it okay too because then I have an excuse to either steal a couple more of his old softball tournament t-shirts from 5 years ago to wear around the house, or pack away a couple of his old baseball tees. But when he came home with 4 more on Thursday and I still hadn't managed to find a place for the clean clothes from the dryer (yes, I really did do laundry), I knew something had to be done.
So after I couldn't stand to think about teaching applications another second, and I'd had 48 hours to get motivated, I headed upstairs and started to pull every piece of clothing out of the closet. I then proceeded to try on every pair of pants I own, just to see if I could still pull off the elastic through the button hole trick. No go. At 21 weeks I am officially out of normal people clothes and into the world of elastic waist bands and pants without zippers. So in an act of good faith, I packed all my pants, skirts, and shirts that aren't in the realm of possibility now and will move them back to Arizona, hoping and praying I will be able to wear them again by this time next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear ya. i was pretty depressed about going shopping for some new maternity pants b/cause I can't quite do my "big girl" pants anymore. Does that make me a really big girl?
Oh - and by the way, you'll probably be wearing those pants again soon - with your skinny butt, probably home from the hospital. (Jealous!)
And another thing, then I'll shut up. Did you look at my blog? Seriously, we're both going through some sort of clean and sort thing because I just posted about cleaning out my house too. It's got to be the hormones.
Post a Comment