Jeff and I are heading to Arizona for his spring break next week. We're gonna be staying in our house for a couple of days and he's working to schedule interviews with some of the school districts down there. I had been in the mindset of living with the in-laws with a baby and not having any type of baby's room or anything, but now that we're moving back at the end of the summer, I at least want/get to buy a crib. About 2 seconds ago, I was looking at Pottery Barn baby rooms (a girl can dream, can't she?) and Jeff was sort of falling asleep, sort of looking at them with me.
I told him that I thought we should just use the old extra dresser we have at the house for a changing table, and just put a pad on it. His response:
Well, that's not cute. And I want it to be cute.
And he was 100% serious. Sometimes I wonder if somehow we got mixed up and he should be the one carrying this baby! At least now I have proof in 6 months that he really did agree and want me to fix up the room, even if by then he has changed his mind. In the meantime I get to find myself a fairy godmother to make it happen.
7 comments:
I had a dream that only your boobs grew during your pregnancy. Your belly never got bigger, but your boobs got larger and larger until you could barely see over them.
Oh, and when I was reading it, I thought you were going to say you should use a drawer from the old dresser for a crib. My mom did--I totally used to sleep in a drawer. It worked just fine. Whether or not it was cute, I can't say.
so i am assuming you aren't coming up here this weekend then.
i'm telling you...ikea for baby furniture. i'm looking up the website right now.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60108663
ok, that's the cutest one i could find online, but i KNOW the store would have more. anyway, my friend, jessica, has an ikea crib and i just love it. but do what you want!!! it's your kid! ;)
Cool! Shopping for baby stuff is so fun. I'm always surprised at the comments from your "manly man". He seriously makes me wonder...
Take a look at LandofNod.com. They have great stuff too - you gotta buy now while Jeff is still thinking he wants a cute room. Take advantage, girl! He gave you the go ahead, didn't he? heh heh
Post a Comment