Sunday, March 16, 2008

Still smells new!!

Jeff and I are back at our house in Arizona for a few days during Jeff's spring break. As we opened the door to the house I was sort of nervous because I didn't know what to expect. The crazy pessimist in me was expecting an experience similar to the dead husband and wife on Beetlejuice. On the other hand I knew that both the guys renting the house are clean so I wasn't worried. We opened the door and breathed in and it still smelled new! It still smells like it did when we moved into it last June. The walls weren't banged up or covered with holes, the carpets look good, bathrooms are clean, etc. SO HAPPY. In some ways it is kind of strange because almost all of our stuff is still in the house, not just couches and tables, but plates, cups, silverware, seasonings, etc. For example, the glass bottles with oil and vinegar in them are still in the same exact spot I left them on Oct. 1. So it feels like I am home but at the same time, we are sleeping on an air mattress in one of the extra rooms, as visitors. Because right now we don't live here.

I am so grateful the guys renting our house have kept it so nice. It will be an exciting day when we can move back into it with our baby and live like a normal family again. But at the same time, we have been really blessed that Jeff's parents have been willing to let us live with them- I don't know how we could have pulled it off otherwise.

Jeff's got applications to turn in and hopefully some interviews the next couple of days. It will be awesome to have his applications all turned in and know that at that point he's done all that he can for now.

And then we'll get back to Utah and I will make sure and come up with something else to worry about.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

How'd it go?

The Harris Family said...

That is lucky that your renters are so clean and respectful. It is always so scary to leave your house in someone else's hands. When we rented our first house for a few months in got pretty beat up!

angie said...

ok...first go to www.ikeagoddess.blogspot.com
then my favorite...
www.summertimedesigns.blogspot.com
and
www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com
it's a good one too!!
call me friday...derek's going to work! luv ya!

Lori said...

I am glad your house is still good as new. I forgot to mention, we could also do your shower next weekend if it isn't too last min.