Monday, March 31, 2008

trip to slc

So all last week I was wanting to post but seriously there was nothing excited going on. AT ALL. Except maybe that my sister is having a girl too-- but that is more her exciting news than mine. Jeff and I went up to SLC to spend the weekend with his grandparents. We hadn't ever gone up to just see them so it was good to spend some one on one time with them at their house. The guest bed is a full size bed and somehow we managed to make it through 2 nights without either of us wanting to file for divorce-- so if for no other reason than that, it was a good trip! On Saturday a few of my old roommates/friends from the U got together for lunch/baby shower for me. It was a lot fun to see them all, it had been YEARS in many cases since we'd seen each other so it was great to get together again. Thanks Lori for setting it all up! I got a few pictures on my camera, but they all ended up being just me with the gifts, so even though I know you're dying to see me with a diaper genie box, I'm gonna wait until Lori has a chance to send me the pictures from her camera and then I will post more about the shower then. :)

This was the first time since Jeff and I have been married that I have managed to get him up to SLC to hang out with my friends and their husbands. Pretty pathetic after over 3 years but I guess it's better late than never.

It may sound strange but I love driving in the car with Jeff. Even when I'm almost 6 months pregnant and we have to stop 5 times. It's nice to just have that time uninterrupted to talk and laugh. I especially like it when his friend gives him a guilt trip about making his pregnant wife drive so I only end up having to drive about 1/4 of the way. It's the best.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

You're almost down to single-digit # of days until you're done!

Becks said...

ahah ya u got us, we didnt plan it out very well, but ya

we tried

ahah

peaceee

Merideth Sullivan said...

Kristina,

I'm glad to hear that Jeff was kind enough to shoulder the bulk of the driving responsibilities due to your pregnant state. However, you should also think about the toll that this pregnancy is taking on him. He's probably exhausted from the inherent stress that men feel due to their wife's approaching delivery date. I'm sure he's getting little to no sleep every night as he is so concerned for your wellbeing. I know this pregnancy is tough...believe me I've been there, but please don't forget Jeff's needs. JK.

Posted by Landon

Trish the Dish said...

Fun pic! So glad we were able to get together.