Tuesday, September 25, 2007

clean break

I finally got a call back from A&F/Hollister, Co. Human Resources. When I told my District Manager over a month ago about how Jeff had to move suddenly and that I would be following him in a month or so she seemed okay with it. Obviously wasn't thrilled because they have a hard time finding managers, but she didn't freak out. Then, a couple weeks later, she tells me that I have to stay an extra two weeks and find someone to replace me. What the?! For someone reason I thought that as a District Manager that was her job. So I told her that the 27th was going to be my official last day- but that I might be able to stay a couple of days longer, if I could day personal days at some point. Well, the personal days turned out to be not possible, and then the guys who are going to move in need to move in soon, so I approached her about it. She said that our new District Manager, Scott, is who I need to talk to about it- he just became our District Manager yesterday. But she then repeated that in order to leave in good standing I have to find someone to replace me. HA! So I called HR. Really I called to find out how many personal days I have, but then I figured that while I had them on the phone I should ask about policy regarding resignation notice and good standing. Got a call back today-- found out that she's saying that I said I would stay an extra 8 weeks. Ummm . . . that would mean that I was working for the company after giving resignation notice almost as long as I was working before notice. That makes a lot of sense. Doesn't matter regardless, because as it turns out, I don't have to find someone to replace me! I wasn't going to kill myself trying to, but at least it's nice to know that if I have to list it at a reference I can, although I don't think that the DM in question would give me glowing reviews now! If I ever start to consider retail management again I hope someone in my life talks me out of it.

No comments: