One of my favorite things in the whole world is to go to Barnes & Noble and see what books they have for "Buy 2, Get the 3rd FREE." I told Jeff that I would pay to get the job to decide what books went on that table. He didn't understand why the idea was so thrilling to me-- I can't even explain why it would be awesome- I just think it would be.
This week the 3 I picked are:
The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, and The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir.
I've already started The Traveler but am struggling with it. There are three groups of people in the book, one of which is named "the Harlequins," and every time I see the word "Harlequin" I picture large cow spotted Great Danes. Not good. However, it was the cheapest of the three, so technically it was free so I am going to give it another 50 pages and then decide whether it is worth finishing. Plus, I'm excited to read the Alison Weir book- she wrote Eleanor of Aquitaine which is probably my favorite biography to date.
Other good news from today is that my sister and her family will probably move back west after Derek finishes Law School! We talked this morning and have decided that I should visit her in Omaha for Halloween-- I guess I'd better call and tell Jeff!
I finally got photoshop working this morning. After sitting on hold for 15 minutes. Awesome, especially because I am almost positive we are over our minutes for the month. Now that it is installed and registered, etc. it is about the most awesome toy I have and it will be a miracle if I manage to get anything packed this week before Jeff is back in town to take it to storage. Wish me luck!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment