My last test was this morning. It was a sonohysterogram. It's an ultrasound of the uterus after they fill the uterus up with water like a balloon. Weird. I got a little nervous when the doctor asked if I had taken an aspirin prior to the procedure and I hadn't, but luckily it didn't hurt and I didn't cramp too bad afterward. I've read and heard horror stories about all of these procedures but Dr. Zoneraich is amazing. Before each procedure they've had me read a paper explaining the procedure and the risks and then sign it. While reading what is about to happen I get nervous and then he starts the procedure and before I know it he is having me look at the screen and then it is over. Anyway, Dr. Zoneraich found a small something on the upper-bottom wall but it was only 3 mm x 2 mm. He didn't say what exactly it was but he did say he isn't going to worry about it because of the location and size it is not a big deal. I called Jeff on the way home from the appointment and he is getting really nervous that he is the reason I haven't gotten pregnant, not me. My guess is that it is a hormonal thing but we won't know until Monday, October 1st at the consult with Dr. Z. So I am going to be in Arizona at least another 2 weeks. I haven't told Jeff that yet—he worked a graveyard shift last night and so hasn't slept much in the past 48 hours so I am going to wait until he gets some sleep before I tell him that I won't be coming to Utah for a couple more weeks.
After the doctor appointment my mom and I went to see the movie Stardust. It was actually better than I expected because I have heard mixed reviews about it. Although, I have to admit that any time I go to a movie with my mom it is funnier that first time, with her, than when I watch it later on by myself or with other people. I couldn't tell whether Stardust was supposed to be taken seriously or if it was a comedy in the way that Princess Bride is a comedy. Either way, I thought it was pretty amusing and couldn't tell what was going to happen from one moment to the next. The theatre didn't have very many people in it so a couple of times I was trying to suppress my laughter because mom and I were laughing beyond the usual giggle. The movie is based on the book Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I am going to see if Barnes and Noble has it tomorrow on my break.
I started the book Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities by Alexandra Fuller. Gwen recommended it to me. A journalist found 4 girls in sororities to confide in her about their experiences in the Greek sorority system. I just started it last night so I am only about 20 pages into it but I like her writing style so far. The Greek system was never my thing—but I am curious about it.

2 comments:
Well, I have to tell you that my mom had the dye ran through her tubes with some of her kids. Anyway, just to give you some hope! I am sure everything will work out for you guys! It's fun reading your blog to catch up!
You are curious about sorority life now. Soon you will be horrified and disgusted and just want to hug that one sad girl and take her away from that horrible world.
Post a Comment