
Last night I could not sleep. By the knot in my stomach when I woke up this morning I am sure it was because I was nervous about my doctor appt. this morning. Mom and I woke up early to make it up to Scottsdale by 8:15 this morning. The appointment was for an HSG. I had heard and read horror stories about how painful it can be because the uterus can start cramping really bad when the dye is injected. Before we left the house this morning I took four ibuprofen just in case. The doctor injected my uterus with an iodine based dye and then as it went into the uterus and then through the fallopian tubes he took x-rays to make sure that there wasn't anything blocking the tubes. It was actually pretty cool to watch the screen and see the dye go through everything and then spill out. He said something along the lines of "You have beautiful spilling." Which probably means a lot more to him than it does to me but I will take "beautiful" anything if it means that the problem is getting figured out. My results looked similar to the left-side photo. Honestly, this wasn't nearly as bad as my ultrasound experience last week. Tomorrow is my last appointment before our consult with him, hopefully next week. I am praying that he has an idea of what the problem is and crossing my fingers it's something that can be treated by a regular ob/gyn so that I can move to Utah with Jeff. With just this one test left I am feeling anxious to get moved up there with him.
** The pictures are from WebMD.
On another note, I finished Blood Orange after my doc appointment this morning. It was okay. I didn't enjoy it enough to recommend it though. The author tried to have too many things going on at once. The author created too many characters in turmoil without enough development of each individual character to make them seem real. I guess that's what I get for buying a book on sale at Wal-mart.

No comments:
Post a Comment