My little brother is in the MTC right now. He is going to New Hampshire- Spanish speaking. I had no idea there was such a thing before he got his call. To be honest, he has been gone about a month and I haven't really missed him. I haven't lived in the same house has him since he was 12 so I am used to going months without seeing him. But today, I don't know if it's because I haven't had much to do or what but I have been thinking about him a lot. I'd gotten used to random texts from him every couple of days, such as "where can my friend get mace?" or "what is that bomb thing you eat with tuna and ketchup?" Usually I would text right back with an answer to whatever question he was asking. It wasn't until later that I started to wonder why he came to me with the random questions.Whenever him and Jeff were around each other I would get so frustrated because somehow the combination of an 18 year old and a 25 year old equaled two 17 year olds. An entire weekend would go by and I wouldn't hear either of them speak in a normal voice-- everything was discussed in ebonics, lisps, or that weird spitty thing like Sid the Sloth on Ice Age. Luckily, we were able to spend some time together a few weeks before he left. We were in Roosevelt so he was away from his friends and didn't have cell phone service 24/7. We had a couple real conversations and I am grateful for that. He's one of the funniest kids I know and seems to be doing well at the MTC so that is good.

2 comments:
Funny how you miss them once they are gone. My little brother is on his mission and I really haven't missed him too much until there is like silence at my mom's house or sports is on and I am not hearing him yell at the tv. hahaha But I do miss him!
I hadn't even thought about what it's gonna be like at their house without him there! Dang it!
Post a Comment