Monday, September 24, 2007

Stupid Photoshop

I dropped Jeff off at the airport this afternoon. When I got home I tried to download Adobe Photoshop Elements in preparation for my sweet new digital camera that I am going to get. I haven't been so frustrated in a long, long time. The laptop that I am using has Windows Vista on it and I had no idea how big of a pain the whole process was going to be. Had I known, I would have just read a book instead and gone to the store tomorrow and bought the program then. Let's just say that Jeff was able to fly to Vegas, go to my parent's house, check out my dad's organized garage, eat a brownie, get gas, and then drive all the way to his parent's house in St. George, and start his laundry before I was even able to get to the part where the program set up asks for the serial number (the serial number that I found out after much swearing, is not even available until 6 am Pacific Standard Time, aka, tomorrow).

SO DUMB. As I was raging about the whole thing my body temperature must have raised about 10 degrees and on top of that my laptop was burning stripes onto the top of my thighs—all of a sudden I was having flashbacks of sitting in the passenger seat holding two large pizzas and crazy bread (if we were feeling adventurous) on my lap on the drive home from Little Ceasers with my mom in over a hundred degree weather. So to compensate I went downstairs and scooped up and ate a giant bowl of ice cream. While I was scooping it out of the carton I kept hearing the voice-over guy from Tuesday's Biggest Loser who asked "How many jumping jacks would you have to do to burn off a bowl of ice cream?" and other guilt inducing questions. I think the answer was somewhere around two million. However, my mom's response to the jumping jack question- "that just tells me that jumping jacks aren't a very efficient exercise" made it possible for me to love every bowl scraping spoonful of my chocolate & coffee ice cream.

On a more-happy-less-rage-and-guilt note, the tv show Brothers & Sisters was on tonight. Last season I recorded every episode because the writer from Everwood is one of the writers for the Brothers & Sisters. Unfortunately, I was too busy watching Everwood to actually watch B & S, and then we moved. Well tonight I saw that it (B & S) was on and it was new—they were doing one of those episodes where they explain the previous season in its entirety in one 60 minute time slot. So I recorded it. But I did watch it long enough to see that Amy from Everwood was added to the cast of Brothers & Sisters sometime last season. Therefore, I plan to watch every single episode of Brothers & Sisters that I possibly can. Jeff wasn't too thrilled by the news. But that is okay because as with every other slightly embarrassing show that I get sucked into—he will first complain, then he will mock it (and my addiction to said show), then he will just happen to linger in the room a little longer than normal as I watch an episode (asking questions regarding the storyline as I fast forward commercials), then he will covertly watch a recorded episode when I am not at home, then he will watch an entire episode with me, and the next thing I know I will be getting in trouble for watching it without him. It's a beautiful process to witness and it's one of the many reasons I love him so much.



No comments: