Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fantastic day at work—and for once, I mean it.

First of all- Lori, one of my best friends, had her baby last night!! I am so excited for her I can hardly stand it. Her and Tyson have been through all the fertility drama and were finally able to get her pregnant and now they have a healthy little boy! I know she is going to be an awesome mom and I love it when couples who have been wanting a baby so bad for so long finally have that dream come true because it reminds me that it really does happen. She has been a great support system to me as I have struggled the past couple of years and her advice means a lot because I know she knows exactly how I am feeling- even if it doesn't make sense. There are some parts of moving to Utah that I am not thrilled about but I am really excited to be moving there and not working all the time so that I will have a chance to visit friends—which means that I can go spend a couple days with her and little Gavin and I can't wait! It's funny how fast life just happens—we swam together in high school and if someone had told me that in 7 years this is where we'd be I would have laughed!

Anyway, work today was actually pretty good. This is the first official day that no customers got mad or complained to me about one thing or another. Usually I have at least 1 parent complain to me about how loud the music is, or how dark the store is, or that they can't find their size, or that because a shirt was placed on a shelf with sale items and even though it isn't marked sale and it is the only one like it on the shelf then surely it must be sale too, or that they can only take 5 items into the fitting rooms, or that the line is too long, or that I should let them return an item that has obviously been worn, doesn't have a tag, and doesn't have a receipt because they say so and the list goes on and on and on. BUT NOT TODAY!! We were actually pretty busy too but somehow the customers weren't mean today. 1 work day down, 5 more to go. AND I don't have to be back until Tuesday afternoon at 5. That almost counts as 3 days off. Jeff suggested that I go to Barnes and Noble on Monday—he must have been feeling daring because that is a dangerous situation—especially because I am out of new books to read.

Speaking of which: Pledged was better the first half than the second half. No, that isn't fair, it was better the first 3 quarters than the last quarter. It was very interesting and disturbing at the same time but I got bored with all the information regarding the different sororities on a national level.

 

1 comment:

Tristen said...

glad your day at work was good! that's always a good feeling! How did you get your little counter thing on your blog?