Okay so anyone who knows Jeff at all knows that if we had (or have, there is still that 10% chance!) a baby girl he would be about the most protective parent in the world. Since last week when we found out it would be a boy I have been mentally preparing myself to enjoy watching team sports and not worrying so much about how I was going to handle Jeff's overprotectiveness.
At least until last night.
Yesterday I wore a t-shirt and skirt and for some reason my belly looked bigger than it ever has before. Obvious-pregnant, not obvious-that-girl-just-ate-too-much. Jeff hadn't seen my stomach in anything sort of form fitting in a couple of weeks so he was really attentive to it. Meaning, if I folded my arms, or tapped my stomach, or anything in between he was chastising me that I was going to hurt the baby. I was trying to explain to him that if it doesn't hurt me then it probably isn't gonna hurt the baby because he is in there floatin' around. So Jeff grabbed a measuring tape and measured out 5 1/2 inches (because that is the average size the baby should be by now) and held it up to my stomach to prove that he is bigger and probably getting smushed if I my arm touches my belly.
If this is how he is when the baby is in utero what am I gonna do after the baby is born?!
I obviously need to re-think my mental preparedness strategy and maybe focus on the dealing with over-protectiveness first and then maybe give myself the next 5 years to build up to the team sports thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is funny. Between the 2 of you, someone is always worrying. :)
You realize Jeff is going to refuse to have sex with you for the rest of your pregnancy, right?
Holy crap - and I thought Kelly was paranoid! You need to get that guy to talk to your dr. Although, it makes some entertaining stuff for all of us to read! heh heh
Post a Comment