Tuesday, February 26, 2008

wahoo for good weather

I feel like weather is what people talk about when they have basically nothing else to say. Maybe because everyone has to deal with it, good or bad, so it's a universally safe topic. Either way, maybe for lack of anything else better to say, I just want to pour one for the homies because the weather so far this week has been fantastic.

So good that I volunteered to go to the Dixie State vs. Southern Utah baseball game yesterday with Jeff. The poor guy doesn't even attempt an invitation anymore to sporting events because in the past I have limited myself to only sporting events that he was actually playing in. But, it actually sounded fun, and I admit that I have missed the excuse to sit outside in the *sun for a few hours on the weekends since he's finished playing ball. The game was pretty boring actually, but it was fun to sit by Jeff for a few hours and the pretzel from the snack shack was pretty tasty. We've both recognized that my "high maintenance-ness" has increased dramatically since we got married. And we both agree it's his fault. So if that is what has happened with just 3 years of his influence on me-- I can only imagine a daughter who is spoiled by him for 18+ years. So, I am gonna work work hard to even things out and not be such a poor sport about things like baseball games. (Mark the calendar because I really am not quite sure how long this lofty goal/plan will last.)


*sun being the keyword here, I do not in any way shape or form miss sitting through hail, snow, and/or wind gusts exceeding 15 mph such that I am left to clean red dirt out of every exposed crevis for a week+ afterwards.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I don't miss the hail/wind/rain/sand-in-my-ears either. That truly, truly sucked.