
Last night before falling asleep I said to Jeff, "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, but we aren't even going to see each other so let's just not get each other anything." He said, "Okay."
Then this morning he gave me the usual kiss goodbye, (for once I was actually awake), and then left. I took my earplugs out so I heard the door open a little while later. I was laying there trying to decide if I should lay still or see what he was doing. So I sort of sat up and he was standing there with a dozen roses, a card, and a gift certificate/appt. for tomorrow for an hour and a half massage! So of course, being the romantic that I am, my response was, "you tricker, you lied!" He sort of laughed and said that it didn't count because he had already got them yesterday. I should know by now that he would have already had something figured out before the actual day because he has never forgotten anything like that and he isn't a procrastinator with this sort of thing. So this morning when I started to ask him what he wanted he told me not to get him anything because:
Valentine's Day isn't for dudes.So in his eyes I am off the hook, I guess. But I probably should do something besides the laundry, which was my "Valentine's Day promise."
How pathetic-- it takes a recognized holiday for me to get the laundry done.

5 comments:
That is so sweet! I haven't ever met Jeff but he sounds pretty awesome to do those kinda things for his wife!
Your husband is a good man.
You should TOTALLY buy into this "V Day isn't for dudes" thing--I would.
your blog is so cute...mine needs serious help. after your finished sewing my bag you can fancy my blog up!! ha ha
Such a romantic. He is making other husbands look bad. You're lucky.
Cute! I got roses and a sick husband for Valentine's Day. And I don't mean the snowboarder slang "sick". We canceled the sitter and our romantic night out (whatever it was he had planned) and he's been hacking like a chain smoker all wkend. Poor Kel. He's not very good at being sick.
Post a Comment