As I've already posted, we are having a girl not a boy!* The ultrasound was pretty funny. This was our "for real" ultrasound so he spent a half hour looking everything over. I guess Dr. Chalmers realized pretty quick that it was a girl and he had been mistaken a few weeks ago, and I don't know if he was delaying the inevitable, trying to just give Jeff a hard time, or wanted to make real sure it really was a girl, but either way, he put off telling us that until 20 or so minutes into it. Which is probably good because I was so busy laughing after he told us that I would have missed out on all of the really important stuff like the heart, kidneys, stomach, etc. I am so grateful that we are able to know ahead of time that everything looks like it is developing correctly. I had started to cling to the hope that the 5 lbs I gained in the last week was all placenta, but no go on that one, it is where it is supposed to be though, so that is good. As for the baby, it's a pretty crazy thing to see the 4 chambers of the heart pumping. Yay for a healthy baby so far.
The doc had a pretty difficult time getting the 4-d picture of her because she never holds still. Ever. Actually, that is an exaggeration because she has to sleep sometime, I am sure, but in the ultrasounds she moves around the entire time. And it was pretty cool that when I guessed her head and her feet were positioned, I was right. I didn't know that one of the reasons for the 4-d imaging was to make sure the baby doesn't have a cleft pallet-- and she doesn't. :) I am all about having a natural childbirth with as little medical intervention as possible but I am not of that same mindset when it comes to the pregnancy. We've been thoroughly spoiled with an ultrasound every doctor appointment so far and I love it. I don't think I could deal with never seeing the baby before it is born. I'm such a spaz and worry so much that being able to see the baby helps me not stress out so much that something horrible could happen. (Although at this point having the sex of the baby stay a mystery would have saved me a few hours of buying and returning baby clothes).
About the belly and I say the not because it is huge and an entity unto itself, yet, but because it has ceased to feel like mine. It just looks really strange to me and my belly button is all flattened out weird. Pretty sure to most people it just looks like I ate a lot and should suck in, but to me it feels and looks huge. I cannot at this point even imagine the monstrosity that will be entering the room 12 inches before the rest of me within the next few months. Oh, that reminds me! Jeff, being the sweetest man ever, the other day after school stopped at the mall and went into motherhood maternity and bought me maternity clothes! I had tried to go myself last week but couldn't will myself to buy more than a couple t's and a pair of capris. I had mentioned to him that I needed to do laundry that day because I was out of pants and so he just stopped there and went shopping for me. Love him! He did well too, I only had to take back one pair of jeans because they are high waters. I don't know why companies think that only short-legged women get pregnant but I have not been able to find a size "long" anywhere!
Back to the ultrasound, Dr. Chalmers is doing another ultrasound in 4 weeks just to make sure that it really is a girl. I think it is quite possible Jeff's head will explode if it turns out to really be a boy. . . In the meantime we get to start thinking of girl names all over again. :)
*Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You have a cute belly, you should be proud of it's cuteness. Yay for girl!
Kristina! That is so funny. Congratulations! Are you serious about this doctor? I need his phone number!
Congratulations on a baby girl! I am so happy you are pregnant and so excited for you to be a mommy. You will love it!!!
I love your belly. I was just telling my mom today how cute I think it is now that you are actually letting it show.
Post a Comment