Monday, November 26, 2007
book (re)view
Right now, and for the past month, I have been reading The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir. I really like Alison Weir as a biographer and I really like Queen Elizabeth I too, so I figured I would love the book. Usually how fast I get through a book shows how much I like the book- that I am only only on page 107 after more than a month is not a good sign. But honestly, it reads really well. And it is interesting. I just can't seem to stay awake to read very many pages at a time. The author sort of skimmed over Elizabeth's life until right before she became Queen. I think they should have title the books something like The Life of Queen Elizabeth I because there really isn't much about her before she was Queen. But Weir is honest about Elizabeth and how she was and how she was perceived-- she doesn't make everything all bright and shiny and perfect the way some movies tend to, so I like that a lot about her biographies. I'll let you know what my final thoughts are about the book when I finish all 488 pages. At this rate it will be sometime in March!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment