My sister's middle daughter, Annie, is 4, almost 5, years old. She is my niece that has a lot of the same silly quirks as I do. When I went to visit during Halloween she was my buddy, we had a lot of time to hang out. At one point during the trip, she was being babysat by one of Ang's friends so that Ang & I could go to lunch and shop without any kids. While she was there she kept telling Angie's friend about her uncle that was visiting. When Angie's friend brought her home later she mentioned it, wondering if Jeff was coming too, or something. That's when Angie told us that ever since I cut my hair really short, Derek calls me Uncle Kristina.
Well, last night Angie called to tell me about the conversation that had just taken place in the car.
I don't remember exactly who asked Annie the question but one of them asked, "Annie, who is your favorite uncle?"
She replied, "Kristina."
Then Katelyn, 6 years old and so much wiser, interjected, "Kristina's not your Uncle! She's an AUNT!"
So then Annie was asked, 'Who's your favorite aunt?"
She replied, "Kristina."
I WIN! This favorite Uncle/Aunt thing has been a competition between Me, Jeff, and Thomas since before Katelyn was even conceived. All it took was Thomas leaving on a mission and a short haircut and I have usurped the throne of favorite uncle AND aunt. I didn't even know that it was possible.
Jeff, however, reminded me, that he is probably still Katelyn's favorite uncle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is totally hysterical! You rock. Next time you see Derek, though, kick him in the shins just on principle.
first of all...what is "usurped" and who even uses that word?! second...my kids are awesome! go read my blog...i do it just for you!
That is so funny. Kids are always so blunt.
Post a Comment