Friday, November 9, 2007

kentucky so far

I am not that smart sometimes-- when I bought our plane tickets I didn't notice that our flight consisted of taking off and landing 6 times and switching planes once. Luckily, neither Jeff or I am afraid to fly-- but it was stressful for me to worry about who was going to come sit next us 3 separate times because Jeff had to have the window seat. Of course it was a big guy on our longest flight because I am cursed- so when Jeff fell asleep I pushed the button on the arm rest just to see if it would make the chair recline. It did. Jeff didn't appreciate his head rubbing along the side of the plane as he reclined but it made it so his shoulder wasn't pushing me closer to the unknown old guy with hairy arms. I was happy because then I could actually sit back in my chair without feeling the hair on the old guy's arms sitting next to me. Needless to say on the next flight I was relieved when a not so big guy in a suit coat sat down next to me, once again, in the middle seat.

We finally got to *Louisville and then took about 2 hours to get to my parent's house because we needed to drop something off in another town so we took the long way home. The roads out here do not make any sense. They all seem to have about 5 names and change as you are driving on them. But the houses are awesome. As we were driving through the towns I kept picturing every house looking like a Pottery Barn catalog inside. So we were finally able to find the house we were looking for and then eventually made it home. Mom and I were cracking up at all the turns and U-turns and wrong turns we were making. Dad and Jeff didn't find it nearly as amusing.

Yesterday my parents drove us through the property they are developing. And then we mostly just drove around and hung out at the house. It is so quiet here. It is really pretty too.
And the houses don't have any fences between them. I keep trying to figure out what parent's do with their kids. Do they let them just run around? When I was asking my parents about this my mom brought up a very good point-- that just because you have a fence around your backyard doesn't necessarily mean your kids are going to stay within that fence.
I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will.

*I have always pronounced Louisville: Lou-ee-ville. On the flight into Louisville the flight attendant kept pronouncing it Lou-vull. I thought she was being funny, atleast until yesterday when I heard it pronounced that way about 8 times. So now I don't know if she was being funny or if that is just how everyone east of the Mississippi pronounces it.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm pretty sure that's how it's pronounced in the South, but not everywhere east of the Mississippi. We always said it "Loo-uh-vull," so I think the closer you get to it, the more syllables you drop and the more you mumble it.

Tristen said...

Okay so you have slowed on blogging considerably...I know you are on vacation but you still gotta blog! haha anyway, we are going to Vegas tomorrow...I didn't know if you are still gone or not!? Let me know!

angie said...

tag...you're it! read my blog to find out what you have to do!!

Lori said...

sorry about the gross hairy man. that is the worst. tyson is the one who is always in the middle though, what a sport.