Monday, November 5, 2007

stupid daylight savings

First, can I please just say that yesterday felt like the longest day of all long days? The combination of daylight savings time and then moving back and forth through 3 time zones messed me up big time. At 7 o'clock last night it felt like 11 pm. I don't even know what time I went to bed last night I just know that it had been dark for about 8 hours already. This morning, I woke up when Jeff got up and tried to fall back asleep but then I opened my eyes just enough to see how bright it was outside. It looked like it was noon because the room was so bright. So then I realized I was probably missing Price Is Right (pathetic? Yes.) so I got up, got dressed and headed downstairs. Then I looked at the clock. It was only 7:24 am. *Way too early. Price is Right wasn't even going to start for another hour and a half! I sat around downstairs until Jeff left and then came back upstairs. Now I just have about 50 minutes to kill before the show starts.

And I am still trying to figure out why the heck Jeff woke up so early in the first place!

*I don't expect anyone to be too extremely sympathetic because I recognize that with kids 7:24 a.m. feels like noon and most people with full-time jobs are on their way to work.

1 comment:

Tristen said...

Okay so I totally feel your pain because Nathan used to sleep till 8am and now he is waking up at 7am! It is killing me! I need my sleep!