Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. Seriously.
I didn't manage to fall asleep after waking up at 3:40 am for longer than 20 minutes at a time the rest of the day. I did, however, manage to waste the entire day trying to take a nap. But I will brag that I made chicken noodle soup for dinner. (It is a way easy recipe that Ang made when I was visiting her-- I think I ate about 10 bowls of it while I was there and I have been craving it ever since).
Last night we helped with the YM/YW combined activity. They did a road rally/amazing race activity. It was our job to sit at the Del Taco and when the kids came they had to do the Macarena dance and sing the song. We realized on our way to the Del Taco that we didn't know the words-- but that was okay, none of the kids really did either. We had them sing it opera style, rap style, with their tongues sticking out, etc. I felt really old when some of the younger ones had never even heard of the song before. Ever. Note to self: if you ever plan on sitting in Del Taco for longer than it takes to inhale a bean burrito, bring a pillow. I was getting so anxious by the end because I was tired and by the time it was over I was hungry again. But the kids had fun and it was nice to sit across the table with Jeff for a couple of hours and just talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just the image of you as the "adult" working a YM/YW combined activity put a smile on my face and confirms for me the notion that karma is a real principle...
peace.
Post a Comment