Saturday, November 17, 2007

good morning sunshine

Yesterday felt like a busy day. Gwen came up and visited me for the day. I've realized that we aren't very good at just sitting in the same room doing nothing together. We both end up on a laptop or in some other way preoccupied. Maybe she knew this as well when she set the goal to have a quilt sewn & bound and only needing to be tied before she left my house yesterday. In one day. *It actually went really well. I like the pattern we used. It's amazing how much faster it is to have 2 people working on a project, she would sew, I would iron, etc. I didn't take a picture of it but Gwen promised that she would so I will link to it when that happens.

Jeff has his Content Literacy Praxis exam this morning. I don't really understand that test because sometimes I hear that you have to pass it in order to teach and then other times I hear that you have 5 years or something like that to pass it. Either way, I hope that he passes it this time just so that it is one less thing he has to worry about. Jeff has been awesome to commute 45 minutes each way everyday so that I don't have to live in the cold again. I love that it is November and I can still wear short sleeves, I don't feel trapped inside like I have the past few winters. It's awesome. Hopefully, I am a lot less ornery too, so it is worth it for him!

We went to sleep last night sometime before 10 pm. So hence the reason I am awake before 9 on a Saturday. I don't think I have seen 8 am on a Saturday in a really long time. I honestly don't really know what to do!

*I had made plans early in the week to go out to dinner in the evening. Gwen, not surprisingly, didn't want to come, but wanted to stay and finish the quilt sooner. Thus, I left for about an hour and a half and she continued to trudge along. So my "really well" may be her "really hell".

5 comments:

Tristen said...

I have to say that those tests are not fun! I am glad that I passed them on the first time...out of pure luck really cause I didn't think I would. Praxis...blah!

Gwen said...

I think I have to go to the chiropractor because sitting in front of the sewing machine for 5 hours straight jacked my back all up. I feel like an old lady, and pilates was hell this morning.

And now my fingers hurt from pushing the stupid needle in and out while I tie it. Blah.

We're really good at hanging out as long as we having something to organize our energy around--scrapbooking or quilting or even just watching TV or reading (I like the fact that I have a friend with whom I can just sit in a room and we both read quietly, and we would totally call that "hanging out"). I think neither of us do well with totally unstructured free time and both get a little frantic.

The quilt is beautiful, though. As soon as I finish tying it I'll send you a picture. I love that batting so much more--I'm never using the crappy polyester kind again (assuming I ever, ever EVER again decide to make a quilt).

Shanna said...

Wow, you better write that down in the record books, up by 8am!! Just Kiddin!! Soon enough 8am might be sleepin in.

angie said...

i'm homesick. i wish i were there quilting with you. it's all your fault, but i won't get into that! derek thinks i'm weird...he's a guy and doesn't get it at all. oh, sidenote....my passport already came in the mail. so if you get on it yours should come really quick too. luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he does well on the test. When I took the test I bought a praxis study guide book and it really helped because I did really well on the test which I never usually do. So if he doesn't pass have him go get the study guide book.