I can't sleep.
I haven't been doing too fantastic with blogging the past couple of weeks. I blame it on being sick and being out of town. Jeff and I are home from Kentucky now and will be here until a couple of days before Christmas so now I don't have any excuses.
Our trip back from Kentucky went fine-- it feels like a really long day when you drive for about an hour to get to the airport, fly for about four hours (if you're lucky) and then drive again for over an hour to get home. Thinking about it that way it is not a surprise I did some bawling on the phone to Angie on Monday about our parents decision to move across the country. I gave myself all day Monday to feel sad and sorry for myself and woke up Tuesday feeling okay about it.
I took my first machine quilting class on Monday morning. All I managed to accomplish during the class time was stenciling in about half of the blocks- I am going to machine quilt little airplanes, fish, sailboats, paw prints, etc. The funny thing is I walked into the class thinking I would be machine quilting straight lines in the seams of the blocks. And I am still doing that- but it became just an afterthought compared to all the rest of it! I bought material yesterday to make my nephew-to-be a baby blanket and teddy bear so that if I completely botch up the quilt I can just give them the baby blanket and bear and call it good.
My mother-in-law and I spent part of Monday looking in every craft store we could think of for foam pieces to make little turkeys as name placeholders or whatever they are called for Thanksgiving. No luck. Actually, there was hardly anything anywhere for Thanksgiving. So I was confused because do stores really think that people are that on the ball that they have Thanksgiving stuff planned and purchased over a week in advance? Come on! I was feeling pretty fantastic that we were looking as early as we were- and it was still too late! But I will say that a new Roberts Crafts opened up within the past few weeks and it is pretty awesome. It is also a very good thing that I do not need any sort of scrapbook supplies at the moment or my scrapbook supply purchasing addiction and checkbook would be in a world of hurt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment