Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I've been tagged.

So angie tagged me with the task of listing 6 "little known" things about me. Here goes:

1. There are certain phrases and sayings that play in my head when I here specific words or in certain situations. Some come from Sesame Street, others from movies, and the rest are probably just stuff I heard over and over growing up. Some examples:
Whenever I am in an awkward situation where people around me are contentious, I think, "And I just stay out of there way. J." It's from an old Sesame Street clip. I blame that little quirk on my Pa.

I can't here the word "Forever" without hearing Squints Paladoris from the movie Sandlot saying it over and over- "For-ev-er. For-ev-er. . . "

Whenever it's dark and then someone flips on the light the phrase, "And then there was light," goes through my head. Again, I blame that one on my Pa.
I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

2. I hate feeling like my hands are dirty, or sticky, or anything in between and I have a hard time thinking about anything else until I have a chance to wash them. For example, I am practically incapable of eating a meal without a napkin or paper towel because I have to be able to wipe my hands immediately after practically every bite especially if I am eating something with my hands. Or if I touch any money- coins make your hands smell gross and dollar bills are just nasty and disgusting and probably have gonorrhea on them. Or if I pet a dog. Or if I hold hands with a small child- that commercial with the kids whispering to each other their "dirty secrets" definitely doesn't help!

3. When I was little I couldn't say my R's. Speech therapy about halfway through elementary school solved the problem but when I get really tired I revert back. "There" becomes "thew," "birthday" becomes "buthday," "here" becomes "heo," etc. (Jeff finds this particular amusing, especially when it happens when I am working hard to convince him of something and it is totally undermined by a mispronounced consonant!)

4. I suck at multiplication tables. I still don't know my 12 times tables past 12 x 5. And the 13 times tables aren't even a possibility.

5. I hate the smell of popcorn. It makes me want to throw up. I can eat about 2 handfuls at home if it's warm. At the movie theatre I can eat as much as a bag of sour patch kids allows with a half a patch to 2 popcorn puffs ratio allows.

6. If I cry really hard (or throw up), I am left with little red dots all over my eyelids and around my eyes. After I have had a good emotional outburst I always check in the bathroom how many dots I have-- it's become my demented litmus test to how upset I was and/or am. For example, my cry on Monday left me without about 10 and as of Tuesday night before bed there was just 1 big one left.

So that's 6. Kind of embarrassing. No wonder my dad calls me "Quirkstina."

Oh, I'm supposed to tag some people . . . lori, tristen, jace, and gwen. Have fun!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Ok, first of all did you really post this at 4:31 am? Next, maybe I'm not the only hand washing freak in the family after all huh!! Lastly, if you can't stand the smell of popcorn how in the world do you live at my mom's house. She makes it almost every night doesn't she? I'm sorry!! Thanks for the info on Carter.

Anonymous said...

Hi, "Quirkstina,"

I found your site by total coincidence, and am glad I did. First of all, I love the name of your blog!

Second, I think I can help you out with your twelves tables. I also think you'll be pleasantly surprised and have some fun with the method. Check out MathMojo.com and scroll down a couple of paragraphs till you get to the link about "speedmath by 11 and 12."

Let me know how you do.

Keep on bloggin'

Yours truly,

Brian Foley (a.k.a. Professor Homunculus)