Tuesday, November 20, 2007

no school, no school, la lala la la!

Jeff is home for the rest of the week! Yay! I am excited to get to hang out with him until Sunday! AND his grandparents are in town again- last time they were here Jeff didn't ever get to watch The Price is Right with us. I love watching it with his grandparents because they get as excited for the contestants as I do when they win. When I watch it by myself if just feels sort of lonely. Kind of like when you watch a funny movie by yourself and don't have anyone to laugh with so you are sitting in the room laughing out loud all by yourself. Awkward.

I am trying to come up with a good craft to do with the 3 oldest nieces during the break. Right now I am leaning towards sock monkeys, but they may not find them nearly as cool as I do.

This is going to be my first Oliverson family get together flying solo without Angie. I am guessing that anybody who spends the time to read this knows me already, but just in case, my sister and I married brothers. Jeff and I met a couple of weeks after Angie and Derek got engaged. Therefore, I have never had to spend a holiday completely alone at the in-laws because we switch Thanksgivings and Christmas with each family on the same schedule. This year my ma and pa are going to Ang & Der's for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I just keep telling myself that we all get to be together at Christmas. PLUS this year since we already live at my in-laws we automatically get a good bed to sleep on. Other holidays/ weekends we've spent with the whole family, I've ended up really emotional because I don't get much sleep. 9 times out of 10 if I get really emotional more than once a day it is because I am tired!

Anyway, this one was full of tangents. Oh well!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck this weekend. I'm sure it wont be too bad.

angie said...

are you having fun yet? oh, and if your emotional it's not from being tired!! ha ha ha